One of my favorite things to do is to develop creative new yoga games out of classic favorites. Kids love this as it gives them the opportunity to play a game that they are already familiar with and can learn and practice yoga poses, while working together, and having lots of fun.
The bestselling book Go Go Yoga for Kids: A Complete Guide to Using Yoga with Kids includes over 50 fun and creative games to play while learning about yoga and having fun!
I would love to share with you one of my favorite: Yoga Jenga.
How to play Yoga Jenga
- Before playing write the names of yoga poses on Jenga blocks in a permanent marker.
- Set up the Jenga Blocks as if playing a normal game.
- Each player takes a turn carefully drawing out one block out at a time being careful not to let the tower fall
- The player will read aloud the pose and demonstrate it. Everyone then practices the yoga pose.
- The player places the block onto top of the tower.
- Continue around the circle with each child selecting a block. As per normal Jenga rules, when the blocks fall, the game is over.
Kids and adults of all ages enjoy Yoga Jegan. It is a fun way to learn and practice many many poses. Have fun!