“The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children” —William Harvard
There is no other symbol of our freedom than that of the American Eagle! Try practicing Eagle Pose with your kids. It is wonderful for balance, core strength and detoxing as you hold this twisty tricky pose.
How to Hold Eagle Pose
- Begin in a standing position. Cross your right thigh over your left leg.
- Try to tuck your right foot behind the calf of your left leg.
- Bring your arms straight out in front of you, and then cross left arm over your right arm at the elbows.
- Bend left arm at the elbow and bring palms of hands together. If palms do not touch, then have the backs of hands touch.
- Bend your knees and hold your arms out in front of you with fingertips toward the sky.
- Squeeze everything tight.
- Repeat on the other side.
The Benefits of Eagle Pose
- Stretches shoulders and upper back
- Strengthens legs, hips and ankles
- Increases calm, focus, and concentration
- Works on balance and stability
You May Also Like:
Simple Ways to Get Children to Listen (that you haven’t tried!)