In our super fast-paced world today, it is more important than ever to help our kids find ways to relax and stay physically active. Yoga will help with movement, mindfulness, and deep breathing and is an excellent way to find this balance. By adding a few moments of yoga into your kids’ daily routine can have many benefits, including flexibility, focus, and an overall sense ofwell-being.
5 Easy Ways to Include Yoga in Your Child’s Day:
- Morning Yoga Stretch: Start the day right with so simple stretches like Cat Post to Cow Pose or with Sun Salutations. Do this with your kids and encourage them to match their breath with their movements. This can help wake up their bodies, improve circulation, and set a calm and focused tone for the day ahead.
- Take a Yoga Break: Just as adults benefit from taking breaks during the day, kids can also benefit from mini yoga sessions. Encourage your children to take short yoga breaks If feeling overwhelmed. Do a few quick and easy stretches or balance poses. Use the Kids Yoga Challenge Pose Cards to help make selecting different poses engaging and fun.
- Go on a Yoga Adventure: Create an adventure story that incorporates various yoga poses. For example, if the story is about a journey through the jungle, each animal encountered could correspond to a different pose such as Tree Pose, Gorilla Pose and Cobra Pose. This not only keeps kids engaged but also helps them remember and enjoy the poses in a creative context.
- Family Yoga Time: Try some partner poses from The Kids Yoga Challenge Pose Cards to help with teamwork and togetherness. This shared experience not only promotes physical well-being but also strengthens family bonds.
- Bedtime Yoga: Yoga is a great relaxing and soothing activity before bedtime. Help your kids transition from the busyness of the day to a calm and relaxed state by guiding them through gentle stretches and calming breathing exercises. My favorite restorative yoga poses are Legs-Up-the-Wall and Reclining Butterfly Pose. This is a wonderful way to wind down and release any stress from the day.