What a blast it was to be back at Athleta for another fun kids yoga class. This time leading a Partner Yoga for Kids class. We warmed up our bodies with exercises to get our hearts pumping. Then got ready for our partner and group poses.
We got into out Partner Poses using our Kids Yoga Challenge Pose Cards.
The yoga cards were perfect as we worked on mastering the 4 challenge levels with the included partner poses.
We continued with some fun team building group yoga poses with our Down Dog Tunnel. The kids loved it and did great!
We closed class with a Stillness and Savasana and with a few deep cleansing breaths. If you are looking to try out some more partner poses, see our tips on partner poses here.
You May Also Enjoy:
Partner Poses Kids Love to Show Off
Tips for Working in Partners in a Kids Yoga Class
How to Teach Yoga to Children
The Kids Yoga Challenge Pose Cards include heart opening Yoga Poses
Love is in the air, and now is the time to let your heart shine. Yes, flowers and candy are a lovely thought for adu
lts this season, but it is also a good time to open your heart and show acceptance and compassion for others such as with Bow Pose.
These heart-opening exercises are especially beneficial for kids and adults who spend the majority of their day slouched in desks at school and work or with their heads bent over screens and books. These exercises take only minutes and will help improve posture and release back and neck tension as well as create an openness in your body and mind.
You can find all of the Heart Opening Yoga Poses in our Kids Yoga Challenge Pose Cards.
Head over to Daily Cup of Yoga to read the read and try these amazing heart opening yoga poses.
More Heart Opening Yoga Poses:
- Cat to Cow Pose: Begin on your hands and knees. Next round your back and tuck your chin into your chest as if you are a cat. Then look up, arch your back and open your chest into Cow Pose. This is a great way to strengthen your spine and begin to feel your heart opening.
- Updog Pose: Lie on your tummy. Place the palms of your hands next to your shoulders and look up. Slowly straighten your arms and open your chest. It is okay to keep arms bent as well.
- Bridge or Wheel Pose: Kids love trying to get into Wheel Pose, but this huge heart opener is not easily accessible for all. For an easier but still effective heart opener, try Bridge Pose. Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Rest your arms alongside your body, tuck your chin into your chest, and lift your back to create a bridge.
- Camel Pose: Take this pose slowly and feel your heart open. Get on your knees, lean back slowly, and place your hands on your lower back or ankles. Tilt your head back, open your chest, and breathe.
- Bow Pose: Lie on your tummy, bend your knees, and lift your chest. Reach your arms back toward your toes and hold onto your feet. Let your heart shine!
Find all of your Kids Yoga books, resources, lesson plans, games and activities in our Go Go Yoga for Kids E-Store.
Why the Go Go Yoga for Kids E-Store Matters to You:
- Now you are able to easily download your Go Go Yoga for Kids books on any device. This means your iphone, computer, tablet, kindle, ipad. Any of these places!
- You can also easily transfer your Go Go Yoga for Kids books from device to device.
- This is also extra exciting because you are able to easily print out sections that are important to you. You know how much I love writing and putting together kids yoga lesson plans. Now you can easily find which lesson plan you want to use and print it out for your personal use. This is also true for our lesson plan templates, guides and games that are found in our books!
- Another great reason to purchase your e-books directly from the author is that it does help me out. You know how kids yoga is my passion and I love being able to get resources and ideas straight to you. When you purchase directly from the author this allows a great connection and helps small businesses such as Go Go Yoga for Kids.
Thank you for checking out our Go Go Yoga for Kids E-Store .