Are you ready to learn how to plan quality and engaging kids yoga classes? Developing a structured and well-thought-out lesson plan is indeed essential for creating a positive experience for children while teaching them yoga!
In this Kids Yoga Training, you will Learn…
- Importance of Having a Lesson Plan: Children thrive on structure and routine. Having a lesson plan in place before teaching a kids’ yoga class helps you be intentional, organized, and prepared. It allows you to take advantage of the limited time you have with the children and ensures that you cover the necessary components.
- Flexibility Within Structure: While it’s important to have a lesson plan, it’s also important to remain flexible and adaptable. Unexpected events may arise during the class, and having a plan in place helps you handle them more effectively while still staying present in the moment.
- Attention Span and Variety: Children have shorter attention spans compared to adults. To keep the class engaging and effective, incorporate a variety of props and activities. This helps maintain their interest and allows you to make the most of the time you have.
- Go Go Yoga for Kids Lesson Plan Format: The Go Go Yoga for Kids Lesson Plan format is a proven formula for teaching yoga to children. It encompasses various components that contribute to a successful and memorable kids’ yoga class. While the format is designed for a 45-60 minute class, you can tailor it to your needs while understanding the purpose of each component.
- Flow and Purpose: The lesson plan format guides you through each stage of the class, from warm-up to cool-down. Each part of the lesson plan serves a specific purpose in creating a satisfying and memorable experience for the children. The goal is to create a class that children will enjoy and want to participate in again.
Remember, teaching kids’ yoga requires creativity, enthusiasm, and a genuine passion for working with children. As you continue to develop your lesson plans and gain experience, you’ll find ways to adapt and refine your approach to meet the unique needs of your students.
Continue your Kids Yoga Lesson Planning 101 Training with Part 1: The Most Important Part of Your Kids Yoga Class here.
My hope is that once you complete all our How to Easily Plan the Best Kids Yoga Class Training, you will feel like Courtney S. one of our recent graduates!
“I just finished your Kids Yoga Lesson Planning 101 youtube videos! I enjoyed it very much! While I watched your videos I made my first lesson plan to use! I also completed not too long ago your online kids yoga teacher course also, so its game on! lol.
I personally enjoyed learning the different ways of active movement, and the idea of getting the kids hearts pumping right before actually getting into yoga poses, and savasana will ALWAYS be a favorite for me to learn, teach, and do also lol! It is such a good way to soak up the benefits of the poses. I cant wait to connect with the kids in the way you say in your videos while performing and coming out of savasana, I obviously know what it feels like, and I’ve taught my own children, but to connect with kids that aren’t yours is truly magical and in this day and age, they need all the positive role models they can get. I’M SO EXCITED! Thank you so much for the videos!” Courtney S. Kids Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training Graduate