If you want to fully engage children in the overall practice of yoga, Go Go Yoga for Kids: Yoga Games & Activities will help you successfully merge the life lessons that can be learned from play with the lifelong benefits of yoga.
By using the games, activities, and suggestions included in this book, you will find that incorporating breathwork, yoga pose review, and mindfulness in these fun and active ways will help children learn while they play. This winning combination is perfect for kids yoga classes, schools, camps, and more.
* Over 150 yoga games, activities, poses, and challenges broken into categories and easily modified
* Detailed descriptions for all activities including suggested age groups, needed props, ideal group size, and leader notes
* Suggestions for organizing engaging kids yoga classes and incorporating games
* Benefits children can receive from yoga, games, teamwork, and mindfulness
* Characteristics of age groups and the types of games that best fit each level of maturity
* Ways to incorporate challenges for older kids
* Teaching tips for tweens and teens
* Breathing exercises for relaxation, mindfulness, and stress reduction
* Secrets to successfully teach yoga to children
* Ideas for yoga-inspired crafts that can be used both inside and outside of class
* Ways to incorporate yoga into family time
* Game and yoga pose illustrations
* Downloadable yoga pose memory game
In an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format, Go Go Yoga for Kids: Yoga Games & Activities is a complete resource that details everything you will need to help you successfully teach yoga to kids of all ages and to inspire them in life-long healthy ways.