One of my favorite things to do is to develop creative new yoga games out of classic favorites. Kids love this as it gives them the opportunity to play a game that they are already familiar with and can learn and practice yoga poses, while working together, and having lots of fun.
The bestselling book Go Go Yoga for Kids: A Complete Guide to Using Yoga with Kids includes over 50 fun and creative games to play while learning about yoga and having fun!
I would love to share with you one of my favorite: Yoga Jenga.
How to play Yoga Jenga
- Before playing write the names of yoga poses on Jenga blocks in a permanent marker.
- Set up the Jenga Blocks as if playing a normal game.
- Each player takes a turn carefully drawing out one block out at a time being careful not to let the tower fall
- The player will read aloud the pose and demonstrate it. Everyone then practices the yoga pose.
- The player places the block onto top of the tower.
- Continue around the circle with each child selecting a block. As per normal Jenga rules, when the blocks fall, the game is over.
Kids and adults of all ages enjoy Yoga Jegan. It is a fun way to learn and practice many many poses. Have fun!
The Best Yoga Poses for Kids
Get kids fit, flexible, and focused with the Best Yoga Poses for Kids Guide.