Change Your Perspective: Try an Inversion
Inversions to Try:
- Legs up the Wall
- Shoulder Stand
- Crow Pose
- Side Crow
Benefits of Inversions:
1. Boosts Your Brain: When your body is upside down and your feet are higher than your heart, the normal pull of gravity on your body is revered, which helps blood return to the heart.
2. Makes you Happy: Endorphins are released and your frown will literally be turned upside down.
3. Helps Digestion: Inversions release trapped gas and keeps things moving along.
4. Strengthen Your Body: Your muscles are turned on and your core engaged so this creates strength and balance throughout your body
5. They are fun! Be like a kid again! Kids are usually pretty good about trying anything and getting right back up again if they fall.
Remember that some inversions do require great strength and balance, so take things slow. You will get the same benefits from Down Dog or Legs up the wall as you will from a headstand, so there is no need to rush your body.