Category: Holiday Yoga Kids (Page 1 of 3)
I have always enjoyed the anticipation of the Black Friday frenzy . I am not one of those people that is up all night or out all day, but I enjoy the thrill of seeing what is out there and possibly snagging a good deal.
I wanted to pass along some fun Go Go Yoga for Kids early Black Friday Savings for you. A bonus for you is do not having to leave your cozy home to take advantage of these limited offers.
Black Friday Fun
Have you thought about about teaching yoga to children? Maybe you already do, but want some fresh and fun resources and ideas. Join over 2,000 students in our Bestselling
Two Online Courses about how to teach yoga to children.
Jump start your learning and feel confident with introducing children to yoga.
We have a limited seating for only $10 through November 27th.
Each online course includes how to put together a yoga class complete with games, props, lesson plans, and resources specific for teaching yoga to children at home or school.
Learn more here. Use coupon code TEACHER to enroll for only $10.
Course 1: Kids Yoga 101: How to Teach Yoga to Kids
Black Friday Savings
To sweeten the deal and receive the best value, receive our book and yoga cards Bundle for only $21.99 and still receive FREE SHIPPING.
You will be set for all of your kids yoga needs!
These offers are good for US residents only.
Visit our Store for more information and offers.
We welcome you into our Go Go Yoga for Kids community. Connect with us here.
Change Your Perspective: Try an Inversion
Inversions to Try:
- Legs up the Wall
- Shoulder Stand
- Crow Pose
- Side Crow
Benefits of Inversions:
1. Boosts Your Brain: When your body is upside down and your feet are higher than your heart, the normal pull of gravity on your body is revered, which helps blood return to the heart.
2. Makes you Happy: Endorphins are released and your frown will literally be turned upside down.
3. Helps Digestion: Inversions release trapped gas and keeps things moving along.
4. Strengthen Your Body: Your muscles are turned on and your core engaged so this creates strength and balance throughout your body
5. They are fun! Be like a kid again! Kids are usually pretty good about trying anything and getting right back up again if they fall.
Remember that some inversions do require great strength and balance, so take things slow. You will get the same benefits from Down Dog or Legs up the wall as you will from a headstand, so there is no need to rush your body.
Read our 6 tips on getting into a headstand here.
How To Do Eagle Pose
- Begin in a standing position. Cross your right thigh over your left leg.
- Try to tuck your right foot behind the calf of your left leg.
- Bring your arms straight out in front of you, and then cross left arm over your right arm at the elbows.
- Bend left arm at elbow and bring palms of hands together. If palms do not touch, then have the backs of hands touch.
- Bend your knees and hold your arms out in front of you with fingertips toward the sky.
- Squeeze everything tight.
- Repeat on the other side.
Benefits of Eagle Pose
- Stretches shoulders and upper back
- Strengthens legs, hips and ankles
- Increases calm, focus, and concentration
- Works on balance and stability
Need more free yoga poses and resources? Get them delivered monthly here.
I have such fond memories as a kid with creating May Day baskets with my sisters on the first of this month, filling the basket with little treats, and delivering them to neighbors. It was so much fun to get back from our deliveries and discover May Day baskets left by neighbors on our front step. It was a sure sign that the other neighborhood kids were celebrating the start of May as well.
Years later, I kept this tradition going with my own children. Although we live in a bigger city, we try to make our own little community by knowing our neighbors and surprising them with this somewhat forgotten tradition.
Try our fun kids yoga pose ideas to help celebrate our beautiful Earth with sun salutations, balance poses and an Earth dance.
Don’t miss our fun Kids Springtime Yoga Transformations with Seed to Flower, Tadpole to Frog and Caterpillar to Butterfly. Get the lesson plan here.
Want the latest kids yoga lesson plans delivered straight to your inbox? Join our free and fun community here.